Looking for a new opportunity with a highly respected financial institution? My client is one of the leading building societies in the UK, and we're currently seeking a talented and experienced Operational Resilience lead to join their growing Risk team
As a mutual organisation, they're owned by their members and are dedicated to providing the best possible service to customers. They've built a reputation for excellence, and are looking for someone who shares the commitment to quality and innovation.
My client are a progressive and forward-thinking employer, and successfully adapted to remote working during the pandemic. While this role is based at their Head Office in Yorkshire, they are open to discussing flexible working arrangements that suit your needs.
They offer a range of benefits to their colleagues, including a generous pension contribution and bonus scheme, a health cash plan, an employee assistance program, and a rail season ticket scheme. They are committed to supporting their employees' personal and professional growth, and we offer a range of opportunities for training and development.
What Will You Be Doing?
You might not have on the job experience of everything we're asking for but if you can demonstrate experience that hits the mark for most, we'd like to hear from you.
- You'll utilise your knowledge and experience of Operational Resilience standards and the regulatory landscape and use this to drive the delivery and embedding of the Operational Resilience and Business Continuity processes, ensuring a customer-focused approach that is aligned to regulatory expectations and business needs.
- You'll work collaboratively and support other team members and senior stakeholders on the effective delivery of the Operational Resilience priorities including Important Business Services, Impact Tolerances, Mapping, Scenario Testing & Action Planning.
- You'll lead on larger workstreams with a customer centric approach.
- Work with pillar and critical process owners, as an SME to enhance the process for ensuring appropriate resilience metrics are identified, collated, monitored and reported up to Board level to support effective decision making.
- Help to leverage Operational Resilience mapping output for other areas as appropriate e.g., supporting the effective execution of Operational Continuity In Resolution (OCIR) requirements and completion of relevant Recovery & Resolution plan templates.
- Prepare and present governance group updates and reports as needed.
- Act as an SME for the embedding of Operational Resilience and Business Continuity considerations in the change processes ensuring appropriate risk management throughout change processes.
- Act as an SME for the embedding of Operational Resilience and Business Continuity considerations in the supplier onboarding and third-party relationship management processes ensuring appropriate risk management throughout the supply chain.
- You'll be familiar with incident management processes and able to lead Incident Response as needed.
- Drive the continuous improvement and embedding of the business continuity and incident response processes including business impact assessments, business continuity planning, testing and training.
What Do We Need From You?
This role is perfect for you if you're looking for variety, a hybrid working environment that offers flexibility and you want to work for an organisation that is invested in its customers and colleagues alike. You will also need to have: -
- Experience of working in an Operational Resilience team with knowledge and understanding of the regulation in a Financial Services organisation
- Ability to engage and work in partnership with business stakeholders.
- Good analytical mindset and able to interpret wide ranging information and make appropriate recommendations for Operational Resilience.
- Adopt a pragmatic, agile and balanced risk/reward approach.
- Able to focus on detail, be a good completer/finisher and produce high quality and auditable deliverables.
- The ability to complete tasks using own judgement with good time management skills.
- You may hold a relevant degree or professional continuity and resilience qualification (such as CBCI) or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Operational Continuity In Resolution (OCIR) is desirable.