Residential Care Officer- Mirfield
Are you a passionate, dedicated Residential Care Officer looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Residential Care Officer to join a team based in Mirfield.
Umbrella Pay- £17.42 per hour
08/02/2024 3 months initially
Rota basis including days, evenings, sleep ins and weekends Office based
- Working with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties between the ages of twelve and eighteen, and children with disabilities between the ages of seven and eight.
- Each young person has their own daily living plan in line with their care plan; it will be your role to ensure that this is implemented and also that young people are included and actively involved in developing their plans.
- You will have a role in contributing to care plans based on information obtained from young people and observations of their behaviour.
- Fully participate in detailed care plans developed to meet the day to day needs of young people.
- Provide practical and emotional support where necessary, providing advice, guidance and support.
- Personal care, food preparation and cooking meals, shopping, ensuring young people have what they need, ensuring young people are supported and healthy.
- Build warm and meaningful relationships with the young people, enabling them to progress in their lives.
- You will need to maintain accurate records and undertake routine administrative duties which are essential to the smooth running of the home. This will include handling petty cash.
- Working effectively with other agencies and professionals, Social Workers, education and health colleagues is a key part of the role.
- Experience of working with children and young people - preferably within a residential setting, but this could be demonstrated through other experiences e.g. education setting , youth work etc.
- Level 1 or an awareness in Safeguarding, Child Protection
- Team Teach or some form of Positive Behaviour Management
- GDPR or training around recording, confidentiality, Equality etc.
- Some knowledge around CSE/CCE and bullying, attachment
- Enhanced Child DBS registered to the update service
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are a Residential Care Officer and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on (phone number removed)(option1) and speak to The Care Team Or email on, (url removed)