£85 - £95 Per Day
Year 3 Teaching Assistant
Speech and Language Intervention Specialist
Location: South Leeds, near Morley
Job Type: Full-time, Long-Term Supply
Salary: £85 - £95 per day, dependent on experience
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Year 3 Teaching Assistant with a specialisation in speech and language interventions to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in supporting the learning and development of our Year 3 students, particularly in areas related to speech and language, as well as contributing significantly to behaviour management within the classroom setting.
- Deliver targeted speech and language interventions to students in Year 3, utilising evidence-based strategies and resources to support their communication skills development.
- Work closely with the class teacher and SENCO to identify students requiring speech and language support, and collaborate on the development of personalized intervention plans.
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students, delivering tailored interventions that address specific speech and language needs, while also fostering confidence and self-esteem.
- Monitor and track student progress, maintaining accurate records of intervention sessions and outcomes to inform ongoing support and adjustments as necessary.
- Assist the class teacher with behaviour management strategies and techniques, promoting positive behaviour and implementing appropriate interventions to address challenging behaviours effectively.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive classroom environment where all students feel valued, respected, and encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Relevant qualification in speech and language therapy, speech pathology, or a related field.
- Proven experience working with children in an educational setting, preferably within a primary school environment (Essential)
- Strong understanding of speech and language development in children, with the ability to assess individual needs and implement targeted interventions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, staff, and parents/carers.
- Effective behaviour management skills, with experience implementing strategies to support positive behaviour and address challenging behaviours (Essential).
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, supporting the class teacher and SENCO in meeting the diverse needs of students.
- Commitment to professional development and continuous improvement, with a passion for supporting children's learning and well-being.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children and have the skills and experience to excel in this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV to (url removed) - we look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Not up your street but know someone that could be interested? Refer a friend and receive £100 if they are successful in their application! Recommend a Friend Temporary Roles PK Education
PK Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and relevant references will be conducted for the successful candidate.
PK Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
£85 - £95 Per Day