We are seeking an employment advisor to help unemployed get back into work who have been on the various courses such as warehouse, security, cscs etc
This would suit someone who has been an employment advisor or similar or someone who has worked as a Recruitment consultant in an agency of internal recruitment, who would like to get into this role.
Leeds (Hybrid role, working 2 days from home and 3 days from the Leeds office must also be able to travel to locations across West Yorkshire)
Due to investing in the expansion of their Employability Team, our client is looking for someone who will support their commitment to helping people into sustainable employment that makes a real difference to their lives. Successful applicants must be proactive, organised, and resilient; allowing them to deal with the varying demands of the role.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Employment Advisor s (EA) primary purpose is to secure work for participants by supporting them to develop their personal and employability skills.
Key Elements of the Role Include:
Working alongside tutors and the team to assess and complete goal focused action plans with participants.
Coaching of participants on a one to one and group basis to deliver a range of supportive interventions to help them find work.
Working proactively with employers to identify suitable live opportunities and present these to participants.
Delivery of ongoing Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
- To promote our employability and skills services to a range of stakeholders and use a variety of methods to identify and engage eligible and suitable participants looking for work.
- To engage with local employers and agencies to identify vacancies and develop relationships for ongoing partnership.
- To assess and complete goal focused action plans with participants and provide support and motivation to achieve their goals.
- To deliver high quality end to end Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) while participants are on programme.
- To promote and develop participants mind-set, self-confidence, and motivation so that they succeed in their journey into work.
- Working alongside tutors to:
- coach participants on a one to one and group basis alongside tutors delivering a range of supportive interventions to help them achieve sustainable employment.
- support participants in preparing CVs, covering letters and job applications and gain interviews for live vacancies.
- support participants with interview preparation, skills, and techniques preparing them to a high standard to succeed in job interviews.
- facilitate and support job search with the participants using relevant online job sites.
- To engage and maintain regular contact with participants delivering high quality In Work Support at agreed intervals to ensure they sustain their job for a minimum of six months.
- To use the relevant case management and performance management processes as required, including MI systems, effectively in accordance with the requirements of the delivery contracts.
- To support the delivery of any events, job fairs, workshops and/or training courses that support operational targets.
- To ensure that timely input and communication of key documents, evidence and information is achieved ensuring contractual compliance is maintained to the highest standard at all times.
- Seek to improve his/her own performance, contribution, knowledge, skills and participate in training and developmental activities as required.
- Ensure the implementation Diversity, Equality & Inclusion practices, and compliance with Safeguarding/Prevent, Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years experience of engaging and supporting participants journeys into work.
- Experience of working in the sector (welfare to work and/or adult education) or sectors which are aimed at supporting individuals into employment e.g. recruitment
- Experience of developing and delivering mentoring and coaching practices
- Previous experience and track record of exceeding monthly and quarterly targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with people from a wide age range, diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain good links and relationships with relevant organisations.
- Able to work effectively and constructively as part of a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills experienced at managing own caseloads.
- Self-motivated with an attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel across wide geographic area if required.
Salary and Benefits:
Up to £27,000 per annum
Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, with 2 days working from home
Day holiday for Birthday, plus an additional 25 days + stats = 34 days per annum