Our client is a stalwart of the UK Removals and Storage Industry. A multi-branch, long term BAR member with a great reputation for quality. They have a rich history spanning over 165 years in the business of moving people and businesses, serving a diverse clientele of commercial clients across the UK.
They are now looking for Sales Manager to join their Business Relocations team based in Leeds. This role will cover the Midlands and North of the Country. As it is predominantly field based, our client will consider a remote based candidate however, they will need to reside from the midlands upwards.
Our client is looking for an experienced, dynamic, and results-oriented Commercial Sales Manager to spearhead revenue and growth initiatives. Within Business Relocation, they cover school, offices, libraries & archives, museums, and warehouse moves. Experience in estimating for all of these would be preferable.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver our client's range of Business Relocation services to new and existing clients based predominantly in the North of the UK, covering elsewhere UK as and when needed.
You will be required to respond to direct enquiries received to the business, facilitate client development through telemarketing and present the company's Commercial services through the tendering process and all that it involves.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To maintain existing and develop new customers through appropriate propositions and sales methods and relevant internal liaison to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- To quote commercial moves and related services both directly and in conjunction with subcontractors, including but not limited to: Commercial relocations (offices, schools/ universities, warehouse, library, archive, laboratory etc, etc), Crate Hire, Move / Project management, IT Works - Decommission / Recommission, IT Cabling / floorbox moves, Building clearance and recycling, WEEE Waste
- To quote work in a profitable manner and using rates as agreed with the General Manager.
- To arrange the delivery of the work in conjunction with operations staff or directly booking subcontractors / issue job sheets / communicate work required effectively in advance.
- To ensure all information is uploaded using the inhouse, tools and systems (Bodsweb) and update relevant information held in these systems to ensure it is as accurate as possible at all times.
- To track costs received and match these against their relevant jobs.
- To ensure crates and crates hire costs are managed / tracked on all jobs as needed in conjunction with the division administrators.
- Ensure new clients are appropriately credit checked before we commence work.
- Ensure clients are invoiced in advance or promptly on completion and pay in advance or within their agreed terms.
- To assist with all forms of the tendering process within the Commercial Relocation market, to include but not limited to, PQQ's, RFI's, RFQ's etc.
- To assist with the satisfactory administration of the Commercial Relocation Division, with responsibilities for the presentation of major tenders.
- To provide cover and assistance to work booked by other sales / operation colleagues including the General Manager in their absence (sickness / holiday).
- Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
- Ensure compliance of oneself and colleagues with defined Quality System policy and procedures pertinent to ISO9002.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- To assist with any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the Commercial Relocation General Manager.