Looking for a new opportunity with a highly respected financial institution? My client is one of the leading building societies in the UK, and we're currently seeking a talented and experienced Senior Model Validation Analyst to join their growing Risk team
As a mutual organisation, they're owned by their members and are dedicated to providing the best possible service to customers. They've built a reputation for excellence, and are looking for someone who shares the commitment to quality and innovation.
My client are a progressive and forward-thinking employer, and successfully adapted to remote working during the pandemic. While this role is based at their Head Office in Yorkshire, they are open to discussing flexible working arrangements that suit your needs.
They offer a range of benefits to their colleagues, including a generous pension contribution and bonus scheme, a health cash plan, an employee assistance program, and a rail season ticket scheme. They are committed to supporting their employees' personal and professional growth, and we offer a range of opportunities for training and development.
As a Senior Model Validation Lead you will be responsible for:
- Leading the regular independent validation of the The clients strategically critical, highly material models. This includes scoping of validation activities, completion of quantitative and qualitative validation tests, preparation of validation reports and communication of outputs to senior committees and stakeholders including Model Governance Committee, Board Risk Committee and ExCo. Validation activity will cover the spectrum of the data science lifecycle, from data quality monitoring to model design, statistical performance assessment, model deployment and performance monitoring.
- Leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective, efficient, and regulatory compliant model risk framework. This includes the Model Risk Appetite, the Model Risk Policy, Model Inventory, Model Standards.
- Building and maintain strong relationships across the business, being recognised as a highly credible individual who can communicate complex concepts in a simple to to understand way.
- Providing data science expertise and consultancy to other analytical areas through effective business partnering.
- Maintaining an appropriate breadth and depth of technical knowledge through the development of a strong external network in relation to data science techniques, validation approaches and regulatory compliant governance frameworks.
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of prevailing and emerging regulation in respect of Advanced Internal Ratings Based Approach lender requirements, accountancy standards and any other relevant regulation.
- Coordinating The clients-wide activity for the annual Advanced Internal Ratings Based Approach attestation, including documentation of outputs.
- Leading a team through matrix management, providing guidance and constructive challenge.
- Creating the delivery plan for key areas of focus. Monitor progress against plan and manage stakeholder expectations effectively.
What Do We Need From You?
- Educated to degree level in a mathematical / analytical subject.
- An effective leader of analytical functions creating delivery / resource plans and coaching Analysts / Leads to delivery within pre-agreed timelines.
- Excellent Data Science skills, covering the full spectrum of the analytics lifecycle.
- An ability to critically analyse and validate complex statistical models across a range of business areas, utilising a balance of business and regulatory knowledge combined with statistical rigour.
- An ability to communicate complex, technical information to non-technical audiences clearly, succinctly and with impact in both written and verbal form.
- An advanced user of at least one of Excel, SAS, Python, R or SQL, with an aptitude and enthusiasm for learning other analytical tools.
- Knowledge of a range of model validation techniques and approaches (from desktop review to completion of relevant statistical tests and/or the creation of challenger models).
- Knowledge of the prevailing and emerging prudential regulatory environment in which the clients operate. This includes knowledge of the Capital Requirements Directive (inclusive of the Standardised and IRB Approaches to Regulatory Capital), the implications of IFRS 9 for a retail mortgage lender and the PRA requirements associated with model governance.